Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What Happens When You Pour Detol Into A Yakult?...

I lied... I only lasted four days (ish) without possessing the pixels of your monitor last.

Well, it's a couple of days in to the school holidays now, and to be fair I've acutally done something. I know, I'm shocked too. Well, even though it's just a song I made up... it's actually three and a half minutes long... it's the most productive I've been in a summer holidays ever. That's well radical. Maybe. Anyways, it's also carries another achievement for me, it's the first one that's fully an acoustic song... apart from the distorted guitar doing the solo. And that's another thing, it's the first solo that I might be able to actually play it! And if you've heard my rendition of Dido's 'No Angel' recreated to 80's Rock for my Music Tech coursework, you'll know how out-of-place it is, well, the tapping part is anyways. Anyways, there's a downfall to it, it also holds a real pop feel. Y'know, something Take That might bring out, without the solo, obvliously. Please correct me if I've spelled obvliously wrong either time I wrote it.

Also, I've nearly changed my mind on what song I'll do for my A level coursework in Music Tech from Stone Sour's 'Through Glass' to 'Today' by Smashing Pumpkins - and I just had the random thaught of the words 'Smashing Pumpkins' look really cool in this font. The vocals aren't too adventurous, drums seem do-able, the guitars are relatively simple (though I can't do the solo, man I is shit on guitar), and the bass is easy (er, Billie Jean's bassline is harder than this song, now that's saying something). A couple of problems, mind...

The first one is, I've only got one out of the four acoustic instrument out of the original song, which is an acoustic guitar for the verses, and well althrough the song. If I do 'Today', then I have an idea to jump over this three-storey hurdle. That is, the use of a piano, a violin..... and a harp. Yes, a harp. How stupid would any harpist look at you with if you ask them to do the main riff of 'Today' for eight bars. They'd laugh in your face (which, I'm expecting). Maybe same for piano, well and for violin. 'Cause with the violin, I'm only going to use it for the second verse. But, then again, they will all count as acoustic instruments. Another problem though... does anyone know how to record a harp? I mean, do you place the mic close to the strings, the soundboard (is it even called that?) or somewhere else? How many mics am I supposed to use to record the harp? Yeah, you can tell I thaught this through... but anyways. Anybody who could help me with this (either you can play the violin, or know how to record a harp), then feel free to tell me. =). T'would be great, butt.

Er. Nothing else really. I've gone a little bit further into Prototype. Its safe to say that I am rubbish at that game, the only thing I'm good at is running up walls and consuming people.... man, that's fun. Oh yeah, I've also been overdosing on That Mitchell And Webb Look. I've only known about it like, a week ago. Thank fuck for YouTube.

Well, this is finito for another round.

G'night, dude.

PS - Dara O'Briain is brilliant at stand-up. Period. =).

No comments: