Thursday, September 03, 2009

Re-Education Through Labor.

I believe, that this is my first post in September.

Yeah, I feel the same way too.

There's two days until I land on the final step of the secondary education ladder. Ah well, I'm not going to go into that much.

And as you sigh the biggest sigh of relief, I carry on. Sorry and all that.

It's a basic reflection on the summer. Six weeks. Fourty-two-ish days...

Wasted.

Seriously. There's nothing in this summer that nobody would say that I haven't wasted. All I've done was play on the XBox 360, make up some riffs on the bass and guitar, and move my room around so I have more space on my wall to write on. I'll post some pictures up when I have lost all sense of what 'fresh air' and 'socializing' means and feels. Though, if someone came into my room there's a good possibility that they'd ask me for my chest size so they can buy a straight-jacket for me. And it all started by writing my scores of Free Bird on Hard was... yeah, sad, I know.

Anycow. Since I have an obligation to write essays rather than blogs, I shall dig further into my gaming 'achievements' (well, not of any worth anyways). First up, is finally beating Raining Blood on Expert on both Guitar Hero III and Greatest Hits. I can now complete it 75% of the time, usually scraping through for a three star performance. I've achieved more five star performances on GHIII also, and on GHII. I managed to win the Ashes with England, after making a legspinner to take the place of Panesar (who they stuck in the team). Yeah, I was the pinnacle of sadness as I called the bowler G. John. It's wrong for many things, the first is that my names actually Gareth Aled John. Second, I'm a pace bowler, though I only really do offspin (most probably you don't know the difference, I'll say so after I finnish this paragraph). And third, I had short hair. I also managed to win a couple of majors in Tiger Woods 09, and managed to kill a boss on Prototype that took me five goes to do (bastard). Anyways... sadness (temporarily) over.

By the way, legspin is when the ball turns from the legside to the offside (to a right-handed batsman), while offspin is when the ball turns from offside to legside (again to a right-handed batsman). Offside is the open side of the batsman, while the legside's the side where your legs are. Right hand batsmen's offside is to their right, with their legside to their left, and vice versa to left-handed batsman. Hope that's clear for you. Actually I hope it's right. If not, please correct me? =).

I hope that's right, because cricket is the only sport that I've got a good grasp of knowledge of. Then it's rugby, and then (dare I say) football. Cricket, even though it takes five days to see who won (in test matches), has more ups, downs and turnarounds than I've had punch-ups (which, is none). I mean, in football, a turn of events only really happens when there's a penalty conceded, or when the losing side scores a goal. In cricket, it's all a matter of the turn of the ball. That's how I've been out three times. Three clean-bowled stumpage-ness. First time I batted I was out first ball. Second time, I was out second ball duck (aka no runs scored), which was deceiving, since (I thought) I hit the ball and scored a run, though it hit my pad instead, meaning it counted as a bye, or legbye. The third and final match, I scored five runs. Both times I hit the ball, they were caught-out oppertunaties. But alas, I managed to hit it high enough to get three off the first ball, and two off the second. Then I was out the third or fourth ball. I've bowled in three matches also, and in all I've managed a wicket in all three matches. The first one I believe was LBW. Second was clean bowl. The third one was a catch by the captain. That was also my first time I had a maiden over (no runs conceded), and the first ball of the second over, that was the caught-out wicket.

I did have some insults about me. Mainly because of my bowling action. I looked like a morris dancer, apparently. Or an Irish dancer. Or it looked like I was going to kick the umpire. But that was the way I felt comfy bowling with. It helped with two things though, speed and swing. I can't believe how much inswing I managed to get, let alone the offcut (same as offspin) I got after.

And I just realised how pointless the last few paragraghs are.

Random thing for you. On my results day (joy), my Aunt called the house to ask how I did. Though my dad probably knows how much I hate talking to people I don't talk to much on the phone, he still put me on.

She asked me what I got.

And I told her what I got.

And the next sentence she said, basically in her tone of voice, said it all...

'So, is that enough for you to go into uni?'

Is that enough? Is it?

That single question, made me feel like the thickest person in this families generation. So fucking what, if two D's and a C are more attainable for me than the shining lights and stardom that is straight A's? Seriously, who gives a shit that I'm basically, an average person academically? No well done, no 'are you pleased with your results?'. Just a 'you in college then? Or did you fail miserably, and have to work for less than the minimal wage, to earn a living?'.

Seriously?

Fuck you.

I should've said everything I had. Y'know, 'Oh, that's not half of it. I managed a U in one of the Chemistry papers AND got kicked out of the Art exam right before the coursework was supposed to be sent a week after... I oculd go on, deaest auntie that I haven't seen in ages...'

Oh, it would've cracked her up, knowing I started doing five subjects in September 2008 and dropped out of one due to sheer boredomness (that's Media Studies) and kicked out due to sheer shiteness (that's Art).

Ah well, I should end.

Let's hope I manage to get three B's for my lovely course in Music Technology, where I have to get 300 points.

Noice.

I'm off to watch something funny on YouTube.

- Fin.

No comments: