Saturday, September 12, 2009

It Started With A Kiss.

Er. Actually it started with a C power chord... but it didn't have the same pulling factor to get people to read the post. So if you've been fooled. HA!

Anyways. The first full week of school has been, went and taken 168 hours of my life. Felt like every Physics lesson with Humphreys added another three hours onto that. And Charlie's lessons added at least an hour also. So it felt more like 171 hours. But hey ho, lets go.

Finally, the Music Technology coursework's been published yesterday (that's friday to the people who could read this in the future). To be fair, it's not what I was hoping...

The first task, is (to put it simply) to recreate a song in midi form, matching both rhythms and sounds to the original. This time we've got a choice between Superfreak by Rick James or Heart Of Glass by Blondie. I've gone against the majority of the class and decided to do the Blondie song, simply because I like it more. Lovely. I'm just hoping that the song doesn't turn out as annoying as what Tainted Love (last year's coursework) ended up as (Living End's version of the song's my favorate version. Especially with that bass).

Task number two, is basically a carbon copy of what last year's was. This time we have to record a performance of a song that lasts between three and five minutes. I'm toying around with the thaught of playing with this song... and this time, I've embedded the video into my blog. Go me.



I'm sorry that it's a Guitar Hero one. And no, it's not me playing it. I can get 100% on this song, and is it just me or this version (amercain) is different to the European one? I just remember it differently, well that might be because it's on Rock Band 2 as wel. Ah well, at least this shows what the song is. I would've stuck the original music videeo, but the only one I can find didn't let me embed it. Any-enter-something-funny-by-here, about Music Tech. At least eight tracks have to be recorded using microphones, with at least twelve tracks overall. Four of the eight microphone tracks have to be either orchestral/acoustic instruments or percussion. So I've gone with the acoustic one...

And, if you've heard the song before, there aren't really any acoustic intruments there. That's where the joys of changing clean electric guitars to acoustic guitars come in. One down, three to go. Then an idea came into my head, what about either a piano or a harp for the intro? So that's what I'm going to do, the harp for the intro riff, with the piano doing the thing in the second verse part. So that leaves me with one track in need of acoustic fillage. If using acoustic drums are acceptable, then I'm fine, but I doubt that'll work. So, the only thing I can think of is a fidle-type intrument to play the same notes as the bass while the piano does it's thing. Woop, four instruments elegible for the song. Joy.

Oh, rambled on a tad that last post, sorry for that.

The last task is basically a composition task. We have a choice of three briefs this year, but that's another story. Ahem. The first one is basically do six short songs (or shongs) for a cartoon. The second one's basically compose music for a piece of poetry (which they chose a rather emo one, regretably), while the third one is to use samples to potray your feelings towards Obama's presidency. I've gone with the second one. Which, everyone in the class'll call me emo more often. I've actually got a vocal line for the song, only if we're allowed to change the order of the song. If not, I'm fucked.

End of rambling man. Ah, good link to my next part...

Yes.

Guitar Hero 5.

A thousand percent improvement on what World Tour is. Graphics have become more realistic, more sleek. Gameplay's roughly the same, but the charts seemed to have gotten more fun to play (Smells Like Teen Spirit and Song 2 are pretty funky to play when the volume's up). Even the randomness of Elton John and Marvin Gaye's addition to the setlist's added a nice alternative to the whole guitar-driven list. But the best feature (so far, I've only had it for a couple o' days), is the GHJam feature. Basically they've added backing tracks, and you can just go nuts on your instument, which I think is pretty cool. Maybe you could just have that looped while you jam to it on real guitar. Ah, how I bet you've missed Guitar Hero parts of my blogs...

But, talk about bullshit. Guitar Hero:Van Halen's coming out. I saw this offer. It's a good'un too. Basically, you get GH5, you get GH:Van Halen for free. That's fourty quid for two new games. Jesus! I instantly went to get the offer...

Until... I read the T&C's...

Good for US only.

WANKERS.

That's just bastardish.

Ah well, that's enough for Guitar Hero talk. I shall refrain from blogging about it for a while, hopefully.

So, that's the end of this post. I shall end the post with some wise words from the mouth of Frankie Boyle himself...

I'm not a dwarf, I'm a lesbian

- Fin.

No comments: