Saturday, December 04, 2010

Book/Face

For some bizarre reason, someone has decided to change their Facebook display picture to a cartoon from their childhood. The reasoning? To raise awareness of child abuse.

First things first, how does this raise awareness of child abuse? So, just because you changed your display image to Pikachu, does this mean a child in poverty has finally stopped "walking into doors"? No.

You may be reading this and think, fuck, Ga, it's for a good cause. Yes, it is for a good cause, but there are endless adverts by the NSPCC that has more of an impact on people than some people changing their display pictures to a cartoon character for two cocking days.

See, I don't understand these things. Since when was changing a display picture to something else, or changing your status to a chain-letter-like thing, will help in raising awareness of any charity? I thought, and forgive me if I'm wrong, that if you support a charity strongly, the least you can do is give the charity something. I know its an extreme train of thought, but surely that's a better way to support a charity than changing a display picture?

Though, on a lighter note, it has given me one of the best laughs I've had in a long white.

Many of these changes of display pictures are rather typical. The girls who love Disney changed their pictures to Disney princesses, while others who were fond of Saturday morning television changed their pictures to characters from programs like the gang from Recess or someone from Fairly Odd Parents.

While one person, who had the same thought as me about it being a pointless exercise, also changed their display picture.

But what to?

Well, to this...



Yes, she changed her display picture, to help raise awareness of child abuse to an image of Pedobear.

I laughed so hard at that. Best thing that happened today.

Right, I shall leave, before someone attacks me for accepting child abuse just because I didn't change my display picture. If you are said person, look at my current display picture on Facebook or Twitter. That is my reply to you.

=].

- Na, na na na, na na na, na na na na na na na, na na na, na na na, na na na na na na na, na na na, na na na, na na na, na na na, na na na, na. FIN FIN FIN FIN FIN FIN FIN.

No comments: