Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Eight And Twelve

You may be wondering, why I called this blog post Eight And Twelve, yes? Thought not. Anyway, it has something to do with binary.

In a four-bit binary code, what is eight symbolised as? Well, its 0100. And what a coincidence, this is my hundredth blog post.

And it is at this point, that I would like to apologise for all the crap that you've had the misfortune to grace your screen. One hundred posts in under two years, there's something sad about that fact, yes?...

So, you might have guessed what twelve is about? Yes, binary again. Twelve in binary is 1000, which leads me to the news that in December, I hit 1,000 views since I started the Blogger In Draft thing late June. That's mad, that. Thanks to everyone who has taken their time to read this blog. I know that most of them have decided to stop reading my dreary posts, but thanks to those anyway. =].

One thing that happened recently, that I'm not sure that I mentioned, is that I was the joint winner of Clic's Best Overall Contributor award, along with a girl from Neath Port Talbot who laughed quite a bit while taking photos of people. The reason I won this is because I do a lot for Wicid, being sub-editor, looking after Wicid's social networking accounts and writing shitloads for the site. I've written eight Dear World articles (which I cannot be arsed to post), with half of them going up to Clic, so they must be good.

Not only that, but out of the seven that has been made live on Wicid, they have had over 1,500 views. Not bad, considering my writing skills aren't the best thing. Not sure if they take Clic views into account also, but who cares? =].

In other news, I had my first assignment back. It was for Video Production (the shit one, y'know... Documenting a Space). The module leader talked to me about the film, saying that I documented a place, not a space. Grr. I thought they were the same thing. Anywho, he also told me that I was too cautious with my filming. I was filming the Taff Trail, maybe if I filmed the inside of Al Qaeda's base, that would still be too cautious for him. Ah well, I still passed the assignment, mind. I had to get 40% to pass, I got 53%. I'm not bothered about the relatively low mark, as this is a really dull module. But on the plus side, we do get to watch music videos like these...







This is what the group assignment is about. We get to fuck around with all these things. No, we're not allowed to use music, its the whole visual thing. But yeah, I didn't realise how good Vermillion was before watching these videos. Brilliant.

In other news, I wrote an essay on resistors, and I'm expected to write an essay on sound. Lovely. I've also written an essay about file types, and I shall let you know how bad I faired when I have the results.

I shall leave you now, as it's twenty to one, and I have to wake up early for something or other.

Fair the well, fellow humanoid.

- I'm just a FIN machine.

No comments: