Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh, How I Want To Break Free

I've kind of shocked myself today.

I've known of Queen for, well, all my life. One of the first memories I have is watching their music videos on a compilation video that they released. The one's that stuck out mainly are classics such as Breakthru, I'm Going Slightly Mad and (my all time favourite Queen song) The Invisible Man. I've heard most of their discography, not all unfortunately. And, for some bizzare reason, it's only recently that I've understood how amazing the music actually is.

I've always known Freddie Mercury was an amazing singer and performer, but I've never really gone past his voice. Only once I started to learn the bass songs had I realised how great John Deacon was in the band, and Roger Taylor's drummage also. And only yesterday had I realised that Brian May actually wrote some of the classics such as Who Wants To Live Forever and I Want It All. Jeez, no wonder they've influenced Muse and others...

Crickey.

Pity I cannot find the bass tab for The Invisible Man... =(.

Anyroad, here's a weird video for you to watch, like an interlude for the next part. Epic song, dude....




Anyfriedchicken, I'm starting to want to redo cricket now... and have good ability in video editing. Why must I like such different activities? Ah well.

So yeah, today's been a Queen day, and it's never a bad day when it's Queen day (apart from one thing, which will happen everyday there's school, but hey, what can I do?...). Also, I've discovered that I can play Hysteria's bassline without looking. That shows improvement, or overplayment. =).

Er, nothing else to add. Not going to bore you with my life story... yet.

- I can't think of a creative way to sign off, apart from saying that I haven't got a creative way to sign off, also... FIN.

No comments: