Thursday, October 01, 2009

I'm Not Stupid, I'm Not Smart, It's Like I'm Not Even There At All.

That, is me all over.

To be fair, that song is me all over. The song's 'You're Too Cool' by Gob, by the by. And apparently they're recording a new album soon. Oh yeah, I'm in virtual happiness. Not only the albums from Muse, Paramore and Pearl Jam came out this month, but another Gob album too. FUCKAYE. All that's needed is Rise Against to bring out an 'Unplugged' album and that'll make this year a good'un music wise.

Apart from the Black Eyed Peas song... the one with the words I'm so three thousand and eight, your so two thousand and late... oh na.... oh na.... I feel real sorry for the person who wrote that...

Anyways, how's it going?

Today's been... lets just say... a meh day. A day with two different halfs of the same coin. If that makes sense. And it followed the good, the bad and the ugly setting... but in reverse.

First, the ugly.... and I know you're expecting a photo of me, but the camera broke... so yeah. All I'll say is atoms for this...

Secondly, the bad... dinnertime, I was in a slightly pissed off mood (since the ugly setting happened), so I plodded up to Music Tech, where in the earlier lesson we moved the acoustic drums into the designated room for Music Tech (which is actually used for bass lessons). I just stayed in all dinnertime, and trying to play along with some songs on my iPod. The only things I know on drums are purely because of Guitar Hero.

Needless to say, I was bad. Because I couldn't hear the music properly (and because I misjudged the timings), I was all over the place tempo wise. But I soldiered on (well, it was a way of blocking out the silence in my life....sorry, went all Bill Bailey on your arse there) and managed to do rather feeble covers of some songs. The one I'm happiest about it Re-Education (Through Labor). Fuck yes. Guitar Hero finally helps people. Woo.

Lastly, the good... I will be getting either a new bass or guitar for my eighteenth birthday. Oh yes.

It's not going to be an expensive one, and by that I mean you can have basses that set you back well over three thousand smackers. Y'know the bass I want... it's a Thunderbird IV Goth. I don't know the difference between the normal Thunderbird IV and its Goth counterpart, apart from cost. Ah well, it's only a bass. It's not like people'll hear it, eh?

So yeah, a mixed bag today. Rather dreading tomorrow also. And I misspelled also about three times in that time.

Meh, this shall be the end of tonight's blog.

Maybe the next one'll be an amazing one, filled with twists, turns and scotch eggs.

Well, maybe no twists...

G'bye.

.niF -

No comments: