Sunday, October 18, 2009

One Down...

Well hello. Haven't seen you around here. You new?

Of course not... or if you are actually someone that I've never met and it's your first time to glance at my musings... then hello there. But, since it's a Sunday, no chance of that happening.

And for most of that intro, I've had David Mitchell's voice saying it. Damn, I've wathced too many Peep Show's in a matter of days...

Thank fuck for Channel 4 On Demand...

Anyways, enough of the three full stops in a row.

For (not) the first time ever, Movie Maker is being an arse to me. The new one (Windows Live Movie Maker) not only doesn't work, but made my screen turn blue - which nicely told me, in a roundabout way, that the computer's fucked - and then decided to restart. Bloody hell. But lo and behold, I've still got the normal Movie Maker.

But, not only that, for some bizzare reason, you cannot use MP4 files in it. It's like an industry standard, I thaught. I know that MPEG's are native(ish) to Windows, while AVI's and the like are native to the Mac. Ah well, I've got to wait a bit to do Burt's video of the Physics lesson of the dancing flames (link there for people who didn't know Burt had a blog). Actually, I do have a MPEG file of it, but with no audio. Movie Maker's fucking with me, and by the looks of things, I'm the one that's bent over and tied to a lamppost dressed like someone from Rocky Horror Picture Show. Happy days.

Elsewhere, and is linked to the last section, I tried to download a demo of Adobe Premiere Elements 8. That also placed a horrible feeling of shame and misfortune in both my heart and my laptop's hard drive. Man, if only I had After Effects working... or at all.

But, word to the wise, if you need a good video editing software, don't get Premiere Elements, get After Effects or Premiere Pro. Anyways.

A sense of achievement, disbelieve and bone-shattering patheticness has also been presented to me. All three, opened by the drumkit from Guitar Hero World Tour. Yesterday, whilst playing on the newest one (Guitar Hero 5, to you and me... and your teddy bear... don't deny it, I know you have one), I decided to go on Expert, to play some of the less-hard Expert songs (y'know, the ones that are slightly harder than the hardest songs on Hard, which I cannot do most of them). So what was the song?

I chose Muse's Plug In Baby.

And, for the first time... I've FC'd it. I've fully completed (meaning hit all the notes without overhitting or losing the combo) an expert song on drums. Now that deserves three rounds of two hips and a horrey soon after, don't you think? So yeah, achievement because I've finally cracked an FC on drums on Expert. Disbelieve because I (still) cannot believe I've done it. And the patheticness is that it's only a stupid computer game. It's nothing to brag about, right? I'm just basically saying that I can keep in time with some notes that are scrolling down towards me. Nothing special.

And that, is kinda how I think about real drums. I mean, like I've started actually playing the real drums a couple o' months back. But I kinda feel that some people (maybe all) see me on the drums and think "look at him, just because he can do some songs on the drums on Guitar Hero, doesn't mean he can play real drums" or something along those lines. Ah well, as long as they don't think that the only reason I started cricket was because I played on Brian Lara Cricket for three hours a day. Because that would be wrong. It was because I was interested in how Shane Warne and Ashley Giles spun the ball so goodly.

Ah well, if in doubt, have it off with a kestril.

Half term's coming. The first holiday that will hopefully be less shaite than any other. This time, I might actually do something. Some of the boys might do a snooker tournament, and I'll end up probably losing all the matches. Man, I suck at that game. Maybe it's because I feel awkward staring at balls on the table. Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner. Such is life.

So the moral of this post... never play with strangers.

If you can see where this message is in this post... then you're reading a different post.

- Fin. And Then Some.

No comments: