Sunday, August 30, 2009

An Ode To No-One.

For some reason, I've gotten really into lyrics, of other people's creation. My post title, I believe, is a song by the Smashing Pumpkins, on the 'Infinite Sadness' album (the same album as 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'). So yeah, that's the blog title today.

I was going to write something about death, 'cause for some reason it's been on my mind since about a week ago, but since it's going on for ten, I don't want to start typing about it (well, I was going to say talk about it, but you can't hear my voice... at least that's a plus side for all you readers...), because if I do, it'll be on my mind all night and I won't be able to sleep for ages. Y'know, my brain's a bastard like that... Anyways.

This has turned into a picture post now. I would've said 'picture perfect post', but what is perfection?... shite, does anyone really care?

By the by, I shall carry on. I've done two desktop backgrounds (or wallpapers, for you hip old-schoolers who play solitair on their Windows 98's). So, here's the first...

CrazyDistortion Gone Blueish Thing

One thing, don't ask me who the girl is in the background, I can't remember myself. Just found the image on a site and thought about editing it, and finally did when doing this image. This is maybe the most 'blue' image I've done. Y'like? =).

Next.

Welcome To Hell Mk I

Yeah, such a happy thing. I only did this in like, an hour or so. And it shows. Anyways, if you're interested in how I did it (and, I'm just guessing, you aren't), it's basically feckloads of overlayed wall and paper textures. Used some brushes for added grunginess. That's what I do on PhotoShop. Grunge. 'Tis my speciality. Well, it isn't really grunge... just an attempt on it. No idea why I put 'Welcome to hell' on it though, I just thought about it while looking on Abduzeedo, for a lark.

Oh yeah, if you want the full size one, click on the image. It'll take you to my Flickr account. There's only three images on it so far (these two and one of Hayley Williams). Should use it more. I also have DeviantART, but a link to that is on the side where a linke to my RedBubble, MySpace and all that shizz is. So yeah, feel free to critique me. Would be nice, like.

Oh yeah, to dive into infinite sadness further (what a link to the title of the post, hehe), I've got the Ashes Cricket 2009 game. Woooo. I'm pretty shit at it, only managing 100-odd runs on the first go, and losing to Bangladesh (yeah, I was Australia for that go... man, I'm crap). So yeah, must work on that game...

Talking about games... there's a news piece on Ultimate Guitar...

'Kurt Cobain: Your Newest Guitar Hero Character'.

So yeah, Cobain's the second dead person to appear on Guitar Hero, alongside Johnny Cash in Guitar Hero 5 (Jimi Hendrix was the first one, on Guitar Hero World Tour). On that news piece, there are hundreds of different comments on it. Some in favour of it, believeing that the inclusion of Cobain into Guitar Hero 5 will be benificial to Nirvana in a way to spead the bands music further into people's knowledge. While other people believe it's a disgrace, believing that they should leave Cobain to rest in piece, or thinking this is a way for Courtney Love to earn more money from his name, or explaining that Cobain was against this type of commersialism. Other people were saying that he doesn't deserve to be in it, since that he wasn't the best guitarist.

And yes, that last sentance is true. Though, Cobain was a far superior lyricist. Lithium is a good example of it, in my opinion. So is Come As You Are, and Rape Me... But then again, those are my opinions...

Anywotsits, while people were saying all those things about Cobain's inclusion into Guitar Hero 5, one thing they were pleased about. Matt Bellamy of Muse will be in it, along with the song 'Plug In Baby'. Yeah, it's a good thing, though, I think it would've been better to have all bandmemberes in the game, alongside a song deemed 'harder' in the Guitar Hero ranks. But, that, as they say, is that.

I must dash. Well actually I've got a bit of a beard, but hey ho. Lets go.

- Fin.

PS - Happy 17th birthday to RuhBuhJuh for this Monday. Have a good'un, eh? Hehe.

No comments: