Friday, February 11, 2011

Wake Me Up, Before I Go Go

I apologise.

Why?

Because I'm going to talk about my problems with sleep.

This time, I cannot recall what I dreamed about. All I know is that I felt really tired at about twenty to eleven last night. I know it was that time, since Lunch Monkeys started on BBC Three after another Eastenders episode.

Anyway, next thing I know, I was screaming. Screaming worse than before. Screaming so bad, that the next door neighbours called the police because they thought something sinister was going down. But no, it was just my fucking brain playing tricks with the rest of my body. Thanks, brain. Thanks a cocking lot.

But yeah, again my mother met me outside my bedroom door. This time, apparently, I was pushing against her, trying to evade her grasp. So much so, that she said that it felt as if I could have pushed her down the stairs with my strength (which I can't understand, as I'm as strong as a mild cheese).

It took a good three minutes for me to come around, with the first thing I could hear clearly was my mother telling my father to get changed so he can take us to the hospital.

Great.

After a couple of whiles, we saw a doctor in accident and emergency. She said that she has no idea what the problem could be. She also said that she cannot give me any medication for it, as they hold no sleep-related tablets there.

That meant that I had to see another doctor about it.

After a good five minutes talking about my situation, he went on his computer and he came to the conclusion that it is a form of night terrors. The only thing that is different is that night terrors usually occur in young children, say six year olds. They have no idea why I'm getting these at nineteen.

The doctor then added that giving me sleeping pills will just aggravate the situation, either making these episodes more frequent or more intense.

So, what did he suggest? He told my mother to wake me up roughly fifteen minutes before the terror happens.

In a way, they'll have to "wake me up, before I go go."

So, my mother will have to wake me up an hour or so after I go to sleep. See? Another reason for me not to be in accommodation in university.

Nothing much to add. I thought I was done with it, but my brain decided to bring a shroud of terror upon my sleeping state. If this is what death has coming for me, I want to live until I'm at least five hundred.

- Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are FIN.

No comments: