Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Man Of Two Views

Guess what?

I'm not going to discuss my sleeping problems.

I know how happy you must feel. But to compensate, I'll discuss what I've done recently. And yes, they involve Wicid and Clic. Lucky, lucky you.

And before I do, what do you think of the new look? Granted, it's only a new background image and a change of colour for the title but yeah, any good?

Right, back on topic.

First off, last Wednesday, I had a call from the editor of Clic, who told me that I was the name who was picked to go and review Russell Howard's Right Here Right Now show that he did in Cardiff the following day. If you fancy reading my first ever review, you can click here to jump to it. Please, if you do have an account with Clic and its sister sites, comment on it and let me know what you think of the review. Or, if you went to see him too, tell me what you thought of him. Thanks, babes.

Anyway, if you don't click on that link, he was pretty amazing to be fair. Bloody brilliant. It was lovely to see someone who I highly respect, do what he does best. If he comes to Wales again, I'd definitely go and see him again.

Though, as I had to review his show, I had to do another thing for Clic. I had to interview fellow comedian Steve Williams. The Newport-born funny man was rather a nice person, to be fair. Though, at the beginning, the whole problems with the phone didn't really help my nerves, which I began to sound like a dalek. Nice.

Anyroad, those problems were fixed, and we started to talk. He then learned that I was interviewing him, and this was the first interview that I ever conducted. Luckily, he was rather nice about the whole thing, even if he did extract the urination slightly out of one or two of my questions (which, I admit, were rather shite). But yeah, on the whole, it was a really good interview. Well, I think so anyway.

I'll send a link or embed the audio in a blog post when it's live. So, if you have a fetish for terrible voices with Welsh accents, then you'll have to hold onto your knickers and be patient.

Ha.

Anyway, I'll let you go now. And I know I owe you, the possible reader, a post about how I want to improve my musical abilities. I'll do that on the weekend. Nice.

- Wake me up, before you FIN FIN

No comments: