Friday, September 24, 2010

We Should Never Be Afraid To Die

I know.

I know.

I know you want me. You know I want you... And all that with that song.

Anyways, I know what you may be thinking, why have you got a post title like that when you've mentioned in your past posts that you don't want to die? Well, the simple answer is that it is connected to something in some way. Maybe something to do with gherkins, maybe not. But if you are sitting comfortably, then I shall begin.

The first thing is that, well, I'm officially a university student. Yeah, that's mad, man. I am now (well, next week, but keep up) studying BSc Creative Technologies at the University of Glamorgan.

Obviously, this past week was actually Fresher's week (why do they call it freshers? We've been alive for about eighteen years, don't you think we're past our sell-by date?). Monday was the enrolment to the Atrium, and the day I met my fellow course buddies, if I may be cringe-worthily horrid in the use of my words for this sentence.

There were a few things that made me think that the first day in university would be a bad day. The first one was, the night before, my mother put the clothes I was to wear on the first day on the line to dry. But, it rained (cue endless oh no!!'s said in the voice of that Family Guy person), and me clothes were all wet and full of water. Oh darn it. But then again, my mother managed to dispatch of this troublesome molecules of liquid.

The next sign showed it's weary head as I arrived at Pontypridd train station, I had my rail-card (which makes me look like a drug dealer), but for some bizarre reason, they didn't accept it. Argh. The reason? I couldn't use it before 10pm, unless the ticket cost over £12. Admittedly, it was an extra £1.80 to my train ticket, but since I was not warned of this time limit thing, I was rather startled.

I arrived at the Atrium, not sure what I was doing. And after a bit of waiting around, I met my course leader. One of the first things he said was that he has been told that he looks like Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Lovely. Other than that, nothing else really happened. Well, I lent someone a pen but that's it.

The Atrium was closed on Wednesday, since some electrical problem happened. Oh, and on Tuesday (why did I swap them around? No idea, sorry) all I did was to hear about the Welsh Opportunities speech and then went up to Burt's room for a bit. Not a bad room he has there.

Yesterday was an actual day of meeting everybody (except for a few) in the course. They are all a good bunch of people, to be fair, thought no Facebook friends as of yet. Ah well. But, for some reason, there are only three people doing the Multimedia strand of the course (which only comes to life next year). Me and two others. Lovely.

Also yesterday, I had my timetable. I have Wednesday's off, with the possibility of having Friday's off too. Ah, a three day week, what a lovely thought. Add to that the fact that the earliest I have to be in uni is 1pm, that's a winning formulae, I think. =].

In other news, there is no other news. I am still looking to make a band, but then again I'll have to see for myself if anyone's interested in joining me on the roud to music.

Also, I am really sorry for the many posts recently about university. I honestly have nothing interesting to talk about, but if I do, I will let you know.

Oh, and if you really must know why this post is named what it is? Well, it's from the song Uprising from Muse, and here's a video of them performing this song on Later with Jools Holland...



And, you might have noticed in that song, the lyric 'We Should Never Be Afraid To Die' is there, so yeah, that's it. Well, that and the fact that this song is on the new Guitar Hero and I would like to get that game. =].

- The answer, my friend, is FIN.

No comments: