Friday, October 08, 2010

Walk Of Life

For some reason, this is the only thing I can think of to open this blog. I was going to do the whole 'caring blogger', but then again, you might not think I'm sincere. But yeah, since I've written this paragraph, I've got an opening one. Win win.

Did that make sense to anyone? Probably not. But yeah. Hi. =].

Well, I've actually started the modules of my course. And this is what this post is about. =].

I have six modules for this year (though, for each term I only have to study five, if that makes sense).

I'll start with the most boring one, Video Production. You guessed it, I'll be working with video in this module. But, for some bizarre reason, I have to submit all my work in as MiniDV tapes, which (I believe) would make it harder to work with. I don't know, but I thought working with a digital file would be better than a analogue one (if that is the name of what MiniDV tapes are). Anyfinalcutpro, if you haven't guessed what program I'd be using, I'd be using Final Cut Pro. I've had no experience with it, so that should be interesting.

I have two videos to film. The first one is called Documenting a Space, which sounds like a bitch to do. I have to film a space. That's it. Oh, not only that, I have to record sound too. But, I can't move the camera. No music. No voice-overs. No zoom. Nothing like that. So, I'm rather restricted in what I'm supposed to do with it. Crickey. I'm not entirely sure what the other video is about , all I know is that I'll be working in a group. Nice. But, there's a way to do this module in Welsh, which would be lovely.

I knew this was a BSc degree (Bachelor of Science), but I didn't realise one thing about my course. I have a module in Electronics For Music And Media. The first thing we learned? Ohm's Law. Get in. But then, yesterday, we had to solder. Fuck. I really am crap at soldering. It doesn't help when the fumes affect my asthma. But yeah, we had an hour of trying soldering, but I was shite at it. I mean, I nearly burned myself, and that would've been the first time. But, on the plus side, the first project we're doing for Electronics is to build a stylophone. Oh, happy days.

On the plus side, Internet Technologies looks like a very good module to do. I've already know basic HTML. Not only that, we're learning a bit on the history of the web and other stuff. Bonbon. That module does look like the most interesting out of the five (thus far), the other two being Media Technology For Applications (where we'll be learning about video, flash and some graphics) and Computer Graphics Technology And Integration (which I'll be using PhotoShop, Illustrator and After Effects. Get int). I don't have Radio Production until next term, but I'm not really looking forward to that. Eep.

Well, I shall call another post about university done. Hopefully I will find something in my life not education-related to write about.

But until then.

- Come FIN With Me.

No comments: