Friday, September 17, 2010

Can Anybody Tell Me What To Do?

Today is Friday. Well, for me it is anyway. Maybe in some area in the world it still may be Thursday, or even levelled up to Saturday. But for me, it is a Friday.

So, what is so significant about this Friday?

Nothing really.

Well, not for me.

For others, for example a handful of my friends, it's their last chance for them to prepare themselves on their journey to their university. But then again, some may have already gone to their educational destination, while others have to wait longer until they can move in to their accommodation.

Nevertheless, its the last days of preparation until the day that university starts. And I'm nearly ready. I have my student railcard (that doubles up as a discount card) thanks to NatWest. According to Student Finance, my course is ready to be paid for. And luckily for me, that is nearly it. Have to get some things, yeah. But then again, compared to what other people need to get, I'm sorted, thanks to the fact that I'm living at home. And that'll save me money in the long run. Even if I travel on the train everyday, I'd still be spending roughly half as much as someone who'll be paying for accommodation and food. That's the advantages of living at home. =].

In other news now, and I have decided that I would like to be in three different bands.

Why three? Well, to cut a long story short, I can 'play' three instruments. The bass guitar, the guitar and the drums. Okay, most guitarists can move to the bass guitar with relative ease, but the bass was my first instrument I learned (if you ignore the fact that I learned bass songs on my sister's acoustic guitar as I waited for Christmas for a bass).

But, for some reason, the first instrument I played on in front of a crowd (ie, more than twenty people) was the drums during the school Eisteddfod (yeah, the one where I lost a drumstick halfway through the song). I have no idea how or why that was the case. Well, that was a bit of a lie, I know why it was the case, since the drummer who was supposed to play couldn't do it for some reason (I forgotten the reason), and they asked me to go from playing the bass to playing the drums for the song, and they got a new 'bassist' instead.

It has only been recently that I've played bass in front of people, during Jam Night up in the Bush Inn somewhere in Church Village or wherever it is (someone correct me on this. =]). The most recent one was last night, when we played a five-song set. Certainly that was the longest I've played, even though it was a mere half an hour (roughly). But I made so many howlers during that setlist (I feel odd calling it a setlist for some reason...) compared to the two times I played drums in front of people. But I guess the numerous cock-ups will lessen as I improve my playing. And I'm guessing that'll take a long time.

To be fair, I know my guitar playing is well below par. I mean, it has only been recently that I could manage to play the C major chord. I thought it was supposed to be one of the easiest chords to play, and I found it hard. I still do. And don't get me started on barre chords. I am shite at them tenfold. So why do I want to be in a band as a guitarist? Well, I'm not sure to be honest with you, maybe as a rhythm guitarist?...

But yeah, I'd like to start (or be involved with) three bands with three different instruments, but in different genres too. Not sure what genre to what instrument though. I'll have to work on that.

But alas. I shall release your eyes from the hypnosis, known to many as my blog, and allow you to carry on with your day. I will keep you up to date once I begin university.

=].

- FIN the motherFINer, FIN the motherFINer, FIN the motherFINer, he's a FINing motherFINer. (No idea what I'm on about? Clicky clicky here). =].

No comments: