Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright.

Sorry. I must begin with this...

May I present to you, Alright, by Skindred...



Sorry, I had to. Such an amazing song. It's bands and songs like these that make you want to make a band just to try to create the eargasm such as they created. Either that, or the thought of you not being able to create that double rainbow of a song. Meh...

Anyways, that had to start with that. It's going downhill from here.


If you didn't know, I have three older sisters. This blog is about two thirds of them.

If you didn't know already, Rosie and Lowri (who I shall call MkII and MkIII respectively throughout my blogging life, and just to be fair, MkI is Emily, the oldest sister) are religious.

Yes.

You read that right, reader.

Religious.

I'm not here to belittle any religion, nor am I here to support any. The mere fact of this surprise statement is that I (along with my sister) were brought up in a rather atheist household. We had no God to worship. No religious guidelines to live our lives through. It's only since MkII and MkIII met their now boyfriends (otherwise known as BfII and BfIII) that they have turned to religion. Both have entered into relationships with Christian men.

And, for some reason, it seems to me that they have competitions on how Christian they are...

What do I mean? Well, quoting bible passages is the main one (I'm sorry, but I cannot give any examples), but recently a new competition has arisen...

The competition on who can get most excited about getting themselves baptised.

Yes, they both want to get baptised. It makes no sense to me if I'm completely honest. But I've only now just realised that I have other family members who are Christian, mainly my cousin and her family. so if she (or her family members) read this, please don't take offence (well, this could be a plea to any Christian who reads this, on the off-chance that there is anyone reading this). But needless to say, like my endless stupidity, I shall continue...

As you might have guessed, I do not believe in the same God as any of the main religions. Saying that, I do not consider myself religious. Just because I believe that there could be a God somewhere does not mean that I worship him/her. I'm a science person, someone who can understand scientific discoveries, be that for good or not. Such as the Big Bang. There's a theory (I believe, either it's a theory, actual fact or something I just made up) that the reason for the Big Bang is the pressure (or heat, or something like that) between the dust, small molecules and crap was too much. This resulted in a - you guessed it - a massive bang, renamed the Big Bang 'cause they thought it would sell more books that way.

But, what made that happen, if nothing existed before the Big Bang?

Maybe there was a God, and he/she placed all the resources needed for life and did something to create the Big Bang. Maybe he sacrificed him/herself to create the bang and thus, creating life. Or maybe he/she lit a fart and thus creating the bang.

Well, that is assuming that there is a God.

If there is no God (and a few of my friends would agree that there is no God), then what made the bang? Was it too much pressure? Too much heat? Too many failed attempts at a Rubix cube?...

I've just realised how off the road I've gone. I was going to have a mini-rant (mint, if you will) about how my sisters had Christian contests. And I've ended up talking about God and such. What made me go off the road so far?

Ah well. I'm not sure I want to go to either of my sisters' baptism. It doesn't seem like them. It kind of feels like their only doing it to please their boyfriends and their possible future in-laws. Oh, how my sisters would kill me if they read that.

But to be fair, I don't think that if I had a religious girlfriend (I know, imagine me with a girlfriend... never going to happen...), I don't think I'd have a baptism seven months down the line. Sure, I'd respect her thoughts, feelings and other stuff. But I can see a problem with having a girlfriend who believes in different things to me. There'd be arguments and the like. So, yeah... what am I on about now? God, this is worse than my Twitter account recently...

Ah well, Y'know what they say...

Every little thing is going to be alright...

- Na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na BATFIN.

No comments: