Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Year Has Past Since I Wrote My Note

In the past few weeks, two things have happened that have stapled the reasons why I despise those two aspects of my life.

The first thing is food. For some bizarre reason, I became sick after eating a small amount of the food my mother made me for the evening. It wasn't badly cooked. Neither was I eating too fast. But I was sick. Twice. This has happened numerous occasions before. I have no idea why it happens. I wish I did. But then again, if I knew why that happened, I'd know more facts about my despicable body. Happy joyous times.

Secondly is sleep. Last night, I went to bed at about twenty past midnight. I woke up roughly an hour later. I found myself waking up, feeling all paranoid. Okay, I've had worse nights where I was physically shaking because I thought the writing on my walls were moving (I'll stick some photos up here in a new post if anyone either doesn't believe me or just wants to see the walls of my room). My mother thinks it is a lack of vitamins. How can a lack of vitamins do things like that to someone?

Yes, I know. I can't get away from food or sleep. I need both to live. but, by fuck does it annoy you when something like eating and sleeping turns on you and buggers up with your brain...

This part's just a filler for the next part, consider this the in-post interlude. I aplogise for the lack of ludes. But, for some reason, I've started to get into the music by the Police. I've been playing to this song for a while, as I murder both bass and vocal parts of this song. Such a good song, man...



But alas, I shall carry on.

Y'know that they say that everyone has a novel in them? Well, I think that's what people say. I've heard that saying before. But we're not here to discuss the origins of sayings (oh, and by the by, sorry if this post seems rather... shall we say, meh). Any-mr-potato-head, I don't think I have a novel in me. But I will say this. I do want to try my hand at writing comedy. Yes, that last sentence may well be one of the funniest things I've ever written. Damn, I've peaked too early...

But yeah, I wouldn't say no to writing something that people would consider comedy. It's the only genre that I can probably do. Every time I try to write serious stuff, I always cock it up with something funny. I don't even put it in, thinking it's funny. An example of this was when I had to write a 'letter to Jarvis to give my thoughts and opinions on the new school building' for my English GSCE coursework. I wanted to emphasise how narrow the corridors were. So what did I compare them with? Yes, umbilical cords.

I used umbilical cords in a comparison to the corridors to emphasise the claustrophobic feelings of those long pathways to individual hell-holes others may call classrooms. And I thought this was normal.

My English teacher told me I had to re-write it, as it was 'too funny for a letter'. Okay, I'm not piling everything on something I wrote three years ago, but it has got me thinking...

Are some people automatically attracted to one genre of writing than the others, in the case of writing?

Obviously, the answer is yes.

If you were to write a short story about cheese, and could take it anywhere you'd like, there's a massive chance that there's a hint of your natural genre in that text. Saying that, I have no idea about writing. Yes, I have this blog and I write a few stuff for Wicid (with a handful of them actually getting onto Clic), but they are just some stuff I write. Granted, it has my style of writing, but it's just that, a style of writing. Nothing in this blog (or the posts on Wicid for that matter) that I write isn't meant to bring you down in a barrel of laughs (and neither does it seem to succeed in that case).

I'm not saying about me writing pilots for comedy sketches. Neither am I thinking about doing stand-up (which, if I had the confidence and the material, I would consider, but as I have the natural comedy style and timing of a pig that's been circumcised with a coat-hanger, I think not). I just want to do some writing that people would at least chuckle. Maybe a written version of David Mitchell's Soapbox, where I just write opinions in a hope that someone will not just find humorous, but like it enough to come back an read newer posts again and again.

I'm not saying that's what David Mitchell's Saopbox is like. I actually like the vlog-type things he does. Like this one.



Well, that's me done for this time.

- One, two, three, four. I declare a FIN war.

No comments: