Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dead Man Walking

I know. I know. I bring so much happiness in my blog titles...

So, how've you been?

Well, I'm not bad. But, I will tell you, it seems that I'm shaping up better than other people.

If you didn't know by now, tomorrow is the A Level results day (or, as I like to call it, the day of three letters. A day where we, as past key stage fivers, discover if we managed to pass the exams and sail through on the sea of opportunity to the dock of knowledge and wisdom we usually call university.

Some people, like my friend RuhBuhJuh, are panicking over the results. Either losing sleep over their unknown future, or just feeling jittery about the whole situation.

But, for me, and with many a-blog post here...

It's just another day.

I know, I might change my blog tagline to Another day, another failed blogger as I use those same four words in that same order over and over. I've said it about Christmas, about my birthday, and now A level exam results. Okay, some things in my lifetime won't be just another day. I might get married (that is, if I lose all hope in finding a wife normally and end up buying a Russian bride who won't put out until I marry her, only to have her stolen away from me by some Chinese dude who learned to speak Russian for her love... hang on, that's an episode of American Dad...). That wouldn't be just another day. Neither would be the birth of my children (yeah, I thought the same thing...). Or, and I hate to say it, the death of someone close. Other than those potential events, everything else is just another day.

But this post was not supposed to be about me and my never ending use of that four word sentence.

Yes, I am somewhat nervous about what the three letters will turn out to be. All I know is that I have about twenty five percent chance of getting a vowel in my grades, with 99.99% of that quarter being an E or lower. But then again, I can't see myself earning anything over a C grade in my subjects. But these are just my thoughts and predictions for tomorrow.

Tomorrow starts at six in the morning, while others have to wait until the anti-six (ie, nine) before even thinking of having the grades in their hands. Why six? Well, Edexcel (the examination board whose behind giving Rhydfelen the choice of doing Music Technology for an A level) release their exam results at six in the morning.

Six...

Yeah, sure, I'll be up by then. Fuck, I was up at six this morning without anybody calling me. So, chances are that I would be up at about four, five tomorrow. Hey, maybe even earlier. I have no plan for if I stay up all night tonight (other than watching endless shows of the Peep Show, Mitchell And Webb Look and A Bit Of Fry And Laurie). Neither do I know what I will do if I see the grades on the screen to be lower than the C. I'd be kind of gutted, I admit. But, what then? Do I slow-walk to school, further lowering my expectations of what I had in the other subjects?

No idea. But what I do know, is that I'd probably be updating this blog. Not necessarily on this post, bit on a two-for-one post. Either one post on pre-nine-thirty and post-nine-thirty (both are in the morning), or one continuous one, though I would publish the post before I go to school to collect my results. Then I shall update it with the news of the other results and if I got into university.

So... expect tomorrow to be a hectic day for blog posts. I apologise in advance.

I shall leave you now, as there's nothing else I could say. My ankles hurt from walking from a meeting for Wicid yesterday , so I find it hard to play drums a bit. Yeah, my life's a bit dull, yeah? I'm also going on another Clic residential at the end of this month. Such lovely information for you. =].

But yeah, sounds cheesy, but if you are waiting for exam results, I hope your results are what you are hoped for. =].

- I FINished ze blogpost, ya?

No comments: