Saturday, July 10, 2010

Holiday

Oh. Hi there.

It's been a while since my last post. But then again, I have not had the pleasure of having anything to type about. I still don't. But then again, it's me. So yeah, have fun reading this. =].

It's the holidays now for me. Well, it has been ever since I failed PH5 on the last Tuesday of June. I'll be really surprised if I get a better mark in Physics than I do in Chemistry. But then again, I'll be ecstatic if I actually get anything higher than a C in anything.

Anyways, it's the time of year when people go out to other places in the world because they finished writing on examination papers for now (or forever, depending on what course they're doing in Uni, or if they aren't going to Uni). And, you might have guessed, I'm going to Majorca in three weeks. Ah, I could never lie to you, even though I just tried to. No, I'm going to stay in my house until it's time for me to get my results, and then stay inside again until I either have to go to Uni, or if I manage to do something else. Yes, I am very hardcore.

But as other people spend their money on holidays and memories to remember in their old age, I've bought myself a drum kit. Yeah. Would saying 'beat that' count as a pun? I don't know, but I do know this counts as a pun...


http://chzsomuchpun.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/129208645734976756.jpg

Yeah, that's very funny... very funny...

Anyrimshot, I have bought myself a drum kit. It's an electric drum kit. I also bought myself a double bass pedal to replace the pedal that comes with the drum kit, 'cause I iz brootalz lyk dat, bruv. No, it's because I would like to evolve my usage of double bass drummage to the max. Or, at least to an acceptable level of bangage. You get me?

I shall continue, in a manner that is only topped by my lack of confidence in dance.

So the final of the Wold Cup is upon us, and the bastard Germans aren't in the final. You scored four goals against both England and Argentina, and you couldn't score a goal against a side who has had a player voted 'sexiest man in the World Cup'? Man, that's like Michael Schumacher losing to Katie Price in Formula One. Yes, I'm comparing Spain to Katie Price. Why? Because if they don't get their own way, they're moan about it until they do get their own way. And they're both false. Yeah, don't judge me. At least the Dutch are in the final. Finally, we've got an orange team in the final. Mozeltoff. Ah well, at least Argentina aren't there...

Oh, that reminds me. You know the psychic octopus that has "predicted" that Spain will win... so what he got 80% of the matches right, how many matches has there been? About thirty-odd? Shouldn't there be some sort of experiment that had over a hundred matches or something, and get the octopus to 'predict' who'll win. I bet you it'll be closer to 50-50. I mean, come on. There's a two in one chance that the octopus will be right. It would've been more impressive if the eight legged oracle guessed who'd be in the final before the tournament even began. But come on, if you believe that octopus is actually psychic, you need a psychiatrist...

Oh, and the mindless drivel continues. And if you are one of these people who are religious and can't have an opinion of your own, you should skip this part. It might turn ugly...

In all seriousness now, what is the point in full-blown religion? I mean, look at it. There's been wars over it. Millions have died because of what they believe in and all that, but yet everyone is supposed to be treated as equals. Where's the equality in killing someone that believes something that you don't? My cousin might believe in the tooth fairy, I do not. I'm not going to kill her for it, am I? Well, not today.

I don;t know about you, but I've always thought that every religion came from one single faith. I might get my facts wrong here, so you may correct me at any point, but be big headed in the facts and I'll ignore you. Happy days.

I've always thought, that in the days where Romans made roads and people being nailed to two-by-fours was the national sport, the Jews roamed the land. Then after a while some dude named Jesus Christ entered the scene, had an epiphany (or whatever happens to people wearing sandals all day) and created Christianism (yes, I've actually forgotten the name of their religion...). Then some other people turned up on the scene, and respectively created other religions. But, if this is true, why are there so much arguments and so many people looking down their noses at people who don't believe the same as they do, when they all believe in the same God?...

Just had an odd thought in my head. God is supposed to be this 'perfect entity', isn't he? Someone who can do no wrong? So, why do people fear him? Yes, he made humans (I don't believe this, I'm just using what religion believes to argue my side). And when humans make things, we want to be in command (for instance, in command of robots and digital technology). We have even been command of our own race (ie slavery). So if this is wrong, to be in command, to bully other beings to do our bidding... would God do the same, as he 'made' the human race? Another thing. One of the ten commandments is, I believe, about not idolizing statues of God (correct me if I'm wrong). But, as humans were supposed to be made with God's image or something like that, doesn't that mean any statue that is made is in turn both idolizing the image of the subject of the statue and also God him/herself?

Yeah, I read too deep into things sometimes. And please don't go all Achmed on me. This is what I believe in. You're reading this (well, no-one really is, but if you are...), you can close the browser at anytime... but you made it this far... so yeah...


funny pun photos - None Taken


Whoa, I'll stop now. And to lift your spirits a bit, here's Rufus Hound doing some improvisation on Thank God You're Here... enjoy.



- FIN FIN FIN FIN FIN face FIN FIN FIN FIN face...

4 comments:

RuhBuhJuh said...

I agree entirely with what you said about religion, Gareth. Although, whoever does read this and disagrees with you, be prepared for a massive onslaught of abuse about how "people need something to believe in." Bullshit. People are 9 times out of 10 too scared to do anything based on their own beliefs, hardly anyone does something because they just want to, they "look to God" for help on what to do. It really annoys me. Oh, and one thing you didn't talk about was people actually forcing religion on you i.e. Jehova's fucking Witnesses. Religion frustrates me to no end. I don't plan to have a go at religious people because that's their beliefs, but don't ram it down my throat!

Haha, that was a mini-blog of a comment. :)

RuhBuhJuh said...

Btw, I have a query. How did you get that "Good'un, Bad'un" tick box thing? I want one haha :)

Unknown said...

On your Blogger homepage. Click Design. Then in he 'Add and Arrange Page Elements" area, click edit by where the Blog Posts would be. The 'good'un, bad'un' things are in between Show Quick Editing and Show Email Post Links. Check the box, and you can edit what they say by clicking edit on the side. Hope this helps dude. =].

RuhBuhJuh said...

Huzzah! Got it, thanks man :)