Sunday, March 07, 2010

Could You Be Loved?

Well hello, dear reader... well, not that dear... I haven't paid you yet.

I'll be honest with you, this is the first blog that I've done (well, currently doing) that is wireless. Yes, I've resorted to use the wireless function on my laptop for no apparent reason other than just to say I can go wireless. Beat that, you Ethernet cable users.

It is also a welcome return to late night blogging (and other people my age would either be being pissed or doing a nine-pinter at this time at night). Well, I say 'welcome', I'm passing the time between starting to feel tired and actually getting into bed. As of now, I am at five percent on the tiredness indicator, though with over half my battery left to go, this should be a short'un. No promises though.

So yeah, I've written two paragraphs, and now I have no idea what to write (well, type) about. Until now.

I've just realized two things. The first thing is that Firefox has a spellchecker and I believe it's set to US English, and not Welsh English.... Damn you, you hound of flames...

Also, I've started to have a sort of a don't speak unless spoken to idea on life. Y'know, it's like, I have nothing interesting to talk about (I mean, look at all the blog posts, nothing interesting... just bizarre...), so why talk? Why burden other people with useless information that is, well, useless? Saying that, it doesn't mean that I won't talk back if you start talking to me, it's just that I'm not the best conversationalist.

And, to be fair, that ideal has gone through to Life 2.0 (or, for the people who didn't get it, online life). It sounds rather pathetic, but I try to keep myself to myself on Facebook and all that. I delete anything on my wall that I don't like, or that says that I've done something. I've gone as far as to delete some groups that I became a fan of because I've saw no point in them. I mean, just because you sing out aloud to songs, doesn't mean joining a group with everyone else that does this makes you superior to everyone who doesn't do it. Or whatever the reason of joining the group is. If it's a way to meet new people, it's not the best way. I've just realized I'm having a rant on something pretty pointless.

Maybe you're wondering why this has made me type a blog up on it, maybe you'd rather have a verbal enema. But by the by, I shall continue.

For some reasons or other, there have been mini arguments - marguments, if you will. I don't know what about, neither do I care. But I tell you one thing, if everyone learned to shut up (or, at least thought about what they said before they said the think), the world would be a better place. Or at least a quieter one. But no, we live in a civilization where free speech entitles people to not think about what they are about to say.

Grrrrrrr.

Sometimes, I think it would've been better if humanity didn't progress so quick. Yeah, I know that it's been millions of years of progress, but it's because of this is where we at today. I mean, this age is the age where there's no real fight for survival, no day-by-day life threatening problems (unless you're one of these people that believe a bad hair day is a reasonable reason for committing suicide... and if you are, you need help). The only thing people (well, the majority of people, as it seems to me) worry about is getting high/pissed and getting laid.

Where as, if we were in the same era as the Stone Agers, there'd be a reason to fight, reason to fear (and if you think balloons and clowns are reasons to fear, it's not the same as having the fear that your family could die from an unknown virus or just killed in their sleep). I honestly have no idea why I'm saying these things. I'd be dead years ago if we lived in that lifestyle (and yet, you wouldn't be reading this), but it's like the further the human race progresses, the need to be aware lessens. If that makes sense.

But then again, if we did live in the Stone age type of life, I wouldn't have known anything about music apart from the fact that hitting things with sticks makes sounds. There wouldn't be no Bob Marley to listen to. And that's unheard of these days. Yes, the title of this blog is a Marley song, one of my favorites from him (the song is about God, I believe, either if you could be loved by the almighty one, though I may be wrong). And, in Redemption Song, 'Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our minds...'. Don't ask me why I quoted Bob Marley. He was amazing. But those lyrics are true. Only we can free our minds from things. I'll be honest when I say I'm not sure what he means by mental slavery, maybe it could be peer-pressure, doubt, or anything that can hold you back or has an ability to create an air of fear and hatred inside of you. Whatever it means, I'm going to try to follow that.

Yeah, just be glad I didn't go the whole hog and quote Three Little Birds...

Also, sorry for the weird path of this blog, but yeah, this is the end. Smilie face.

- So much trouble in the FIN.

No comments: