Saturday, December 26, 2009

Heaven Smiles Above Me

Ten minutes ago, I was on Lowri's acoustic. And, for some reason, I started playing a chord, and singing the line I don't want to have a girlfriend. Don't ask why. I just did. Then started singing Anyway You Want It to a song that I wrote a while back, then came across a new thing that I shall stick in a song. And, I jsut realised this might be the longest opening paragraphs to a post in a while. Wey.

Anyways, Christmas has been. I think. To be fair it just felt like another day, really. Just another day of listening to pointless conversations (I mean, since when does saying 'I like cheese' been a conversation starter...), watching television that has the only objective to gain the most watchers, not forgetting the arguements in which makes me glad I just plod my life away in my room... Or something like that.

Yeah, happy days, eh?

To be fair, I must stop typing fiar when I try to type fair. Also, I really do want to get myself an electric drum kit. I only want an electric one because there's not a lot of room in my bedroom, and having a fuckoff acoustic kit... lets just say I'll end up sleeping on the toms, using the hihat as a pillow. I knew I wasn't going to get one for christmas - I'm not going to get my parents in debt over something I just hit - and to be fair I didn't really mind what I got, nor if I had anything for this mas of the chirst variety.

Anycahoots, I'm startinng to think that people are turning Christmas into a time where they can just brag about stuff. Bragging from what they got to how much they got and to be fair, who really cares? This year I haven't had much. I got a phone that's probably discontinued and some clothes. I'm not complaining. Neither am I going to ask anyone what they had. Not for them to say what expensive gifts they had. Grrr.

Another thing is that I really, really want to start a band. I've said it before, but it's kind of changed. I still want to be in a rock band. And the more I say rock band the more I cringe. Don't ask why. Anyways, I want to create music like what Muse, Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam have created (well, not exactly like them... y'know what I mean), but now I want to start doing disco music, or disco-rock, if that's even a genre. The only problem is that I can only write either middle-of-the-road music (like the song Acoustination, in which shall stay forever as a GP5 file) or too scene. Shit, if only I knew someone who writes their own lyrics... =).

Yesterday, I went up to my sister's, to see Ricky open his presents and on the way back home, my mother put on the Amy Winehouse CD Lowri got her for Christmas, and as I listen, I thaught 'why can I imagine The Beatles sing this?'. Fuck, I need help.

Anyways, expect more posts soon. Well, since it's the school holidays and I don't go anywhere, the only contact I get with people is on the web. There might be one with a depressive tone to it round about New Year's time. And if there is I shall say sorry now. Ah well, that's it for now.

- I got a brand new pair of rollerskates, you've got a brand new FIN.

No comments: